POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Development Process : Re: Development Process Server Time
7 Aug 2024 07:13:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Development Process
From: Warp
Date: 2 Nov 2001 03:10:49
Message: <3be25509@news.povray.org>
Chris Jeppesen <chr### [at] digiquillcom> wrote:
: Best of all would be some kind of read-only "spectator" access to whatever
: forum the developers use.

  I would let them have their privacy. Knowing that the whole world may be
watching every word you say takes away some freedom of expressing your ideas.
  I work in a project in Tampere University of Technology, and I would
certainly not feel comfortable if our meetings were broadcasted over the
internet to the entire world, even when we don't discuss anything that should
be a secret. It's just that when you know that the whole world is watching,
you are a lot more careful about what you say, and you just can't feel
comfortable.
  Also if the whole world would see everything they think and plan, people
would certainly discuss that in other groups and people may get wrong
expectations of ideas and the team would have no peace to develop the ideas
in peace (ie. if a wild idea is discarded, many people may complain loudly
about that even though it was just a random and not very serious idea in the
first place).
  I don't think that's a very good way of communicating between developers.
It's better to let them have their privacy.

--
#macro N(D,I)#if(I<6)cylinder{M()#local D[I]=div(D[I],104);M().5,2pigment{
rgb M()}}N(D,(D[I]>99?I:I+1))#end#end#macro M()<mod(D[I],13)-6,mod(div(D[I